We are pleased to announce the opening of a foodbank on our premises every Sunday to provide emergency food to support those in crisis in our community. A referral is required in order to access food assistance from the foodbank. Referrals can be obtained from social care professionals such as health visitors, staff at schools, Civic Offices, Citizens Advice, Social Workers, local town councilors, MPs, housing, benefits offices, doctors, etc.
Referrals can be made by email to: email@example.com
Address: Seventh-day Adventist Church. Austerfield Avenue, Bentley, Doncaster. DN5 9QU
Opening times: Sundays 10:00 am - 12:00 pm (weekly)
How it works:
- Get a referral by having an email sent to us by a social care professional such as health visitors, well being officer, staff at schools, Social Worker, or other agencies such as Civic Offices, Citizens Advice, local town councillors, MPs, clergy or church pastor, etc.
- Visit us on Sunday at the above address during the openning times
- Upon arrival, you will be greeted by our frendly voluteers and a 3 days free supply of non-perishable food pack will be packed and given to you
- A delivery can be made if the referring officer notifies us that you are unable to come to the foodbank
- A further assessment of need will be recommended after 3 visits
A bulk of our non-perishable, in-date food is donated by the public at local supermarket collection points. Some is donated by our church members. We would welcome donations from schools, churches, businesses, as well as individuals in the community. Help us to support those in crisis.
Volunteer with us:
A team of volunteers from our church help to collect food from the collection points, and to sort into emergency food parcels, and to give to the people on the distribution days. We would welcome more volunteers.
Phone Number: 07858106054
Or fill in and submit the contact us form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible